We, Essilor International, hereby inform you that we collect personal data about you when you access www.essilor-proeyecare.eu or use our services, and inform you of the purpose of such collection and how we use that data. The personal data that may be collected about you includes any information related to you, including your name, position and contact details such as home address, telephone number or e-mail address.
We remind you that a minor cannot consent to the processing of his or her personal data without the consent of the holder of parental authority.
Our contact details: Essilor International, 147 rue de Paris, 94220 Charenton-le-Pont.
The contact details of our Data Protection Officer: Direction de la protection des données, 147 rue de Paris, 94220 Charenton-le-Pont or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Data we collect when you visit and browse our website
When you access our site, we automatically collect and store some of your data on our servers and in cookies, which are small files that we place on your device during your visits.
This data, which does not allow us to identify you directly, includes data relating to your browsing of our site such as the pages you have visited, the dates and times you have visited these pages, the results of your searches on our site, information about your device (type of equipment, operating system, unique device identifier, IP address used, device configuration, browser used, browser language) and the address that led you to our site.
The provision of your personal data is not required if you only wish to visit our site. You can refuse to install a cookie on your device by setting your browser to this effect (for more information, please consult the “Help” section of your browser). However, please note that refusing cookies may affect your experience on our site, for example by preventing you from accessing some of its pages.
The data we collect when you contact us from the site and use its features
If you wish to contact us, we ask you to provide us with some of your personal data, which must be complete and correct, and thank you in advance for subsequently informing us if these data need to be updated. Failure to provide us with complete and correct information or to inform us that it needs to be updated may prevent us from providing you with the services you want.
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data (surname, first name, telephone number, e-mail, postal address, position, etc.).
- Computer data (site navigation data, pages viewed, dates and times of visits, site search results, information about the device used – type of equipment, operating system, unique device identifier, IP address used, device configuration, browser used, browser language – and the original address).
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We use your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. It may happen that we use your data in order to respond to a legal or judicial constraint. In any case, we do not take any decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or that significantly affects you in a similar way.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We use your identification data to allow you to contact us and present our product offers to you. This use is based on your consent and on our legitimate interest, namely the processing of your request.
- We use your computer data to enable us to (i) identify you and provide you with the best experience when you visit our website, (ii) count the number of end users who visit our website and analyze statistics related to their browsing, and (iii) improve our website. This use is based on your consent and our legitimate interest.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The period for which we store your personal data is shown in the table below:
|Category of data||Retention period|
|Identification data||3 years|
|IT data||13 mois|
PERSONAL DATA WE SHARE
We inform you that we may share your personal data with other companies, namely our service providers and optician partners for the purpose of processing your request and, where applicable, for communication, animation and commercial promotion purposes.
How do we protect personal data?
We have implemented measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use or disclosure, including, but not limited to:
- we implement and maintain advanced technical measures to ensure that your personal data are recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security;
- we implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data and control access, use and transfer of personal data;
- all our employees who have access to your personal data are required to sign a confidentiality agreement or similar agreement, which requires them to comply with our data protection and confidentiality requirements;
- we require any third party business partners and service providers to whom we may disclose your personal data to comply with any applicable data protection and privacy requirements;
- we regularly provide data protection training to our employees and third parties who have access to your personal data.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, you have the right:
- To access, correct and/or delete your personal data;
- To oppose the processing of your personal data, or to request its limitation;
- To oppose the receipt of commercial communications;
- In some cases, to request the portability of your personal data;
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, without this affecting the lawfulness of such processing prior to the delay in your consent.
- Your first and last name, as well as a photocopy of your identity document;
- The rights you wish to exercise; and
- Your dated and signed request (if sent by post).
If you do not obtain satisfaction after contacting us, you have the possibility to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority and to file a judicial appeal.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE